We are proud to be a Gold Standard 'Rights Respecting School'. We aim for all our pupils to understand their rights and be able to use them as they grow up and become active citizens in the world around them.
Our School Ethos is embedded in the principles of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and aims to:
- provide for all pupils, whatever their ability, the opportunity to develop their talents to the full.
- provide a caring environment where your children can grow into independent, responsible people.
- support children in understanding the world in which they live through providing skills which are relevant to adult life. To be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written, to be able to read fluently and to be able to use numbers effectively.
- provide a broad and balanced curriculum enabling pupils to achieve their full potential, in all aspects of school life.
- foster personal and moral values and to encourage an understanding of and a tolerance towards the various races, religions and cultures in our modern society.
- recognise the importance of our environment and the need not only to care for our immediate surroundings but also the local community.
- develop links between home and school, so that we can co-operate and ensure your children can achieve their best.